Saturday 30 June 2012

Something about Night.

Pictures from my first film. Shot all of this at night. Got Nicole to model for me, which was amazing.









Night is weird. It is forgotten by people who live for day, and long await the stretch of darkness to be melted away by the rising sun. Seeing a soft blue, pink and orange in the sky, a sign that the blackness of nightfall has come to an end. People no longer have to hide in the comfort of their homes. They seize the day, and forget about night.

Night must be lonely.

It is weird. It is weird that something as abstract as night could provoke so many fears, so many thoughts. People fear night itself, rather than what lurks in the night. (let your imagination run)
I used to fear night. It was only during the nighttime, when fear would crawl inside my head, and submerge itself into my subconscious. I laid ever so still in my little bed, jumping at every creek and crackle our old house made. It was only when I was 12, did I realize that the monsters did not lurk in the nighttime. They lurked in our heads, and lived inside of us, rather than in our closets.

Now, night and I are friends. I sit on my roof with a journal in my hands, documenting all the adventures night and I have had. When it rains, I make a cup of hot chocolate, sit out in my porch, and listen to the rhythm of the falling rain, like it is a song. (It actually is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmF_bG5IVnM )

I feel the most inspired when it is night. 

11 comments:

  1. thank you so much for your lovely comment, it means the world to me!

    btw, really cute shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! And I think that the night is beautiful, in a very mysterious and scary way.

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be a poet dear :)))
    And you have really amazing eyes by the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thanks! That's my friend, not me, but I'll tell her what you said :D

      Delete
  4. People fear night because it represents the unknown, which is how I see it. In the darkness, one isn't able to clearly define what is in fron of them. It is too easy for something new to pop out that one is not expecting, which is where I think the fear stems from. At least, that's the case for me.
    These are great pictures. Cool post!
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing photos. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, the night creeps me out. Yet, it can me me so bold, too. I think you captured that aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post. Love the one where the lights shine right about the head..so intriguing.

    All the best to your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such unique photos. I like the story you tell, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! Really inspiring :) I also love to get creative at night, everything seems so different :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are absolutely beautiful! There is somewhat of a lonely feeling during the night, sometimes it can be peaceful but often just lonely, even if it's noisy outside and especially when it's quiet.

    ReplyDelete

Ahh, so you have found the comment section. Well, I guess you know what to do *wink wink*.