Monday 25 June 2012

New Zealand/Introduction



















So I went on a school trip to New Zealand a couple months back. Even so, I remember it all like it was yesterday.

WHAT I REMEMBER:


  1. I remember waking up to the monotonous rings of the hotel phone; our wake up call. Each day, a new adventure, a new escapade. I loved the thrill of traveling, getting lost, finding.
  2. I remember walking down the streets in Auckland, camera in hand, trying to document everything I saw. Its quite weird, actually. Looking back at these pictures, I feel as though I am experiencing all the sights, sounds, smells again, in a far less vivid way. Like I'm dreaming or something. I feel this way about all photos, not just the ones taken by me. Its a different kind of magic, photography. I was always very enthralled by it, ever since I could remember.
  3. I remember laughing with people I'd just met. 
  4. I remember tearing up slightly in a cave filled with glowworms. Partly because it was freezing and I tend to tear up when I am cold, but also partly because I felt very fortunate to be in that cave. It was so so beautiful, with glowworms shining, and us being able to see our breath fog up infront of us. I plan on returning soon.
  5. I remember walking around the set of Lord of The Rings, and thinking to myself, "I never want to forget this, ever,"
But what I most vividly remember,
  •  I remember being happy. Not the kind of happy that goes away after awhile, but the kind of that stays with you, from the moment you wake up, till the moment you go to sleep. The real kind of happy. 



 I hope you all enjoy these photos as much as I've enjoyed taking them.


Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention, I'm Alysha! I'm starting this blog because I have thoughts and photos I want to share with all of you. I want you to know that everything I'm going to put here is 100% me. Every single bit. This blog shall be like my diary or journal or something. A diary/journal/orsomething which everyone and anyone can read.

Also, I forget, just like every other human. Thing is, I don't want to forget. I want to remember everything. All the memories, the good and the bad. Because, it is the good and bad that make us who we are. For me, forgetting what we have done/what we have experienced is equivalent to forgetting bits of who we are.  So, I'll document everything here. And I'll never forget who I am (or, in 30 years time, who I used to be.)

 I want to be able to look back on this blog when I'm 20 or 80, and think, "I can't believe I used to think that way,"  So cross your fingers that the internet will still be used in 5/65 years time.

Hopefully, this is all the introduction this blog needs. Hopefully.

I hope you stay.

hopehopehopedyhope.

alysha.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet words :* I just talked to a friend about New Zealand, it sounds very nice.


    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog! I envy you! You have seen the Hobbit's town, yaaay :)
    Traveling is the best school of live.
    Keep doing it!
    x

    martikasplanet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you so much! these pictures are amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comment on my photos :)
    Like these photos.. Keep updating your blog and I'll stop by :)
    Love Mia

    ReplyDelete

Ahh, so you have found the comment section. Well, I guess you know what to do *wink wink*.